An intranet is a private website on a private network within an organization, available only to staff, that functions as a unifying force, strengthening the structure of internal communications and simplifying human resources systems.
At Infamia, we have worked with organizations of all sizes to implement well-planned out intranets, saving our clients time, money, and information, while facilitating greater openness, dialogue, and collaboration.
Traditionally employed by large organizations, intranets are increasingly popular with a diverse range of organizations that aim to create and maintain a uniform culture and communication strategies.
How do you know if it’s time for your organization to implement an intranet system?
- Is your staff spread out over large geographic regions?
- Has your organization suffered loss of institutional knowledge and productivity with the departure of a long-term staff member?
- Do you find yourself struggling to update manuals, phone lists, policies, and procedures?
- Does any of your staff telecommute or telework?
- Have you ever had trouble communicating with your entire organization in the event of an emergency?